Sunday, January 6, 2008

Huckabee Supporters Make History In Ohio!

A big Atta-Boy and Congratulations must go out to the Mike Huckabee supporters in Ohio. One month ago they had no potential delegates to the convention and no signatures to get Mike Huckabee's name on the GOP ballot for their primary in March. The following was posted and relayed by harringtons4huck on the Huck's Army Forum:

Hello Fellow Buckeyes!
Wanted to pass on to you an email I received from Jeff who is Huckabee Ballot Chairman in Ohio! He did an absolutely incredible job!!! Thanks Jeff!!!! I don't think he will mind me passing it on! This will make you proud, and will motivate you to take OHIO for MIKE!!!

JEFF'S EMAIL

Dear Ohio Delegates, Alternates, and Volunteers:
Yesterday at 2:00pm I walked into the Ohio Secretary of State’s office with two black suitcases. Included in those suitcases were 1900 at-large delegate petitions, 2100 at-large alternate petitions, and a whole lot of history. We also turned in our petitions in all 18 Congressional Districts. Over 8500 signatures in all. In just over 30 days, the Huckabee Campaign has done what no other Presidential campaign has ever accomplished in Ohio so quickly or inexpensively. We recruited 170 amazing volunteer delegates who were willing to not only circulate petitions, but pay their own way to the Republican National Convention. The best part is we spent $0 on paid circulators. Every one of you gave up your time with your family and friends over the holidays, because of your appreciation for Governor Huckabee. In the past 30 days I’ve made literally thousands of new friends and each of you deserve the credit for this victory.

Now that we have accomplished our goal, I can tell you a funny story. When I first contacted a statewide elected official (who will remain nameless) in early December to introduce myself as the Huckabee Ballot Chair in Ohio, the person I was speaking with laughed at me when I said we had no delegates and no signatures. They informed me the other candidates started this process in August and went on to say “Are you crazy? There is no way you’ll ever get this done on time.” My only response was “you have no idea what our people our capable of.” I thought about this encounter yesterday when I turned in the petitions. Looking around the office I noticed the staff looking on in amazement. When asked how we did it I said, “you have no idea what our people are capable of.” This was truly one of the proudest moments of my life and I thank each of you from the bottom of my heart.

What you all have figured out is we are supporting not only a great candidate, but a great man. Mike Huckabee is a man whose values are consistent with real Americans who live on Main Street, not Wall Street. The people of Iowa have figured this out too and pretty soon the rest of America will follow. Starting today we are moving to the next stage in the campaign process. We will begin organizing the best ground campaign this state has ever seen. With your help we will deliver Ohio for Mike Huckabee.

Thank you all so very much.

In abundance,

Jeff



No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online