Monday, September 8, 2008

VIDEO: Mike Huckabee's Speech To The RNC

One of the most anticipated moments of the RNC Convention for me was the address by Former Arkansas Governor, Mike Huckabee!  I was not disappointed. He wowed the crowd with his humor and wit and fired them up.  I liked how he used the part from his stump speeches about the school desks and related it to John McCain's service in Vietnam.  However my favorite quite from the convention was given during this speech


I'm not a Republican because I grew up rich. I am a Republican because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life poor waiting for the Government to rescue me!

For those of you new to the ballgame you must realize that Mike Huckabee was the least wealthy candidate running for President.  His net worth was about $75,000  Even the third-tier candidates had more money than Mike Huckabee to start with because they were sitting Governors, Senators, and Congressmen.  When he threw his hat in the ring he hadn't been Governor of Arkansas for a whole year.  He had take time off from the trail several times to make paid speeches so that he could pay his family's bills.  

Here's Mike's fantastic speech:  

   

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online