Monday, September 8, 2008

VIDEO: Governor Sarah Palin VP Acceptance Speech

The highlight of Wednesday night, and definitely the entire convention itself, was the VP Acceptance speech made by Alaska's Governor, Sarah Palin.  Just watch it and my thoughts will be below:  






What an amazing speech!  I loved every minute of it.  However there was one moment where Governor Palin touched me emotionally and won my heart.  for those of you who do not know I am legally blind (among many other birth defects that I consider blessings) and face many challenges every day.  My Mom also is the Secretary for a local private school for children with special needs.  I spend a lot of time volunteering there and the students mean a lot to me because I share a kindred spirit with them.    



Governor Palin's 5th son was born with Down's Syndrome.  About 9 minutes into the speech she introduced her son and sent a message to families of children with special needs, "If elected you will have a friend and advocate in the White House!"  At that moment I lost it.  Tears welled up in my eyes and fell like rain.  It meant so much for me to hear those words and I know that they meant so much to my mom, and every parent involved with the school that means so much to me.  The rest of the speech was icing on the cake.  i can't help but feel that Governor Palin's speech that night will go down as one of the most historic speeches given in our nation's history!  

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online