Saturday, April 26, 2008

An Urgent Plea To DooWop Supporters, Record Collectors & Musical Scholars!!

Good afternoon!

If you are a fan of DooWop and Rhythm & Blues Vocal Group Harmony (as I am), record collector, and/or musical scholar than I am sure you love to feast on knowledge such as discographies. The expert on this sort of thing is Robert Ferlingere. He has published 4 editions of his tome A Discography of Rhythm & Blues and Rock & Roll Vocal Groups: 1945-1965. The last edition was published in 2002 and was hardbound in two huge volumes. In the past five years there have been tons of additions and corrections made to Ferlingere's database and he does desire to publish a 5th edition which includes these. However before he will go to the printer he needs to have 100-125 prepaid orders. Each published product would cost between $100.00-$125.00 each. He wants to know the interest is there. If you are interested in such a product (whether you are just getting clued in or have a previous edition) please leave a comment to me and I will pass it along to Bob Ferlingere.

I previously had the 3rd edition. I used it as a reference almost on a daily basis and after a few years of use the binder broke and pages began to get ripped and torn to shreds. It got to the point where I could not use it anymore. I have been waiting a long time for the next edition to come out and while I cannot afford one right now I would like for it to become available when I can. So please if you are interested please comment to me. I will pas it along to Bob and point you in the right direction. LET'S GET THIS EDITION PUBLISHED!!!!


No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online