Friday, November 30, 2007

GUEST POST - Andrea Has Some Awesome Huckabee Shirts!

The following is a guest post written by one of my new friends. Here name is Andrea and she is from Arkansas. She is the person that led the charge to get the banner flown above Columbia, South Carolina last Saturday before the Clemson/South Carolina football game. She is an awesome person and I am very glad that I have met her working with Huck's Army and on their forums. Andrea writes:

About a year ago my husband and I started talking about how great it would be if Mike Huckabee ran for president. As residents of the state of Arkansas we've had the opportunity to see first hand the great things Mike has accomplished here.

When Mike announced his candidacy earlier this year I started looking for ways that I could get involved. As a stay at home mom of 4 kids, I wasn't sure there was much for me to do. A few months ago I was preparing to run a local 5k and an idea came to me. I made myself an "I Want To Be Like Mike" t-shirt to wear to races. The shirt featured a picture of Mike crossing the finish line at the Little Rock Marathon. Within a week I had some "Runners for Huckabee" t-shirts made that I gave to some of our local runners and sold to others across the nation. The few that I didn't sell were shipped to New Hampshire where Mike was running a 5K.

I had many non-runners asking me about other Mike Huckabee t-shirts. I looked around on the internet only to find that most of the t-shirts out there are extremely overpriced and none of the money goes to the campaign. After that I decided to have some Huckabee '08 t-shirts made. I sell them for about $5.00 more than the production cost and shipping. That extra $5.00 is contributed to the campaign.
My kids love helping me. I have one child that takes care of the "inventory". Another that packages and labels the shirts for me. And another that likes to pull them back out of the box. :)
This is our way, as a family, of getting the word out about Mike Huckabee as well as generating some extra income so that we can donate to his campaign.
If you would like a t-shirt, please visit me on ebay or contact me directly at andysprite2@yahoo.com.

Andrea is also one of the over 400 "Bloggers For Huckabee" and her blog, Arkansasns For Huckabee can be read HERE. Oh and with some donation matching going on today, every shirt that is sold before Midnight CST (1 AM EST) will add another $5.00 to the online total (that's $10 for each shirt sold in the next seven hours going to the Huckabee campaign!). My shirt is on the way make sure you get yours. SO DON'T DELAY GET YOU HUCKBEE '08 SHIRTS TODAY!!!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online