Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mike Huckabee: "It's Not Me."

It has been a very emotionally taxing day as the Veepstakes is down to the wire.  Emotions have risen and fallen with every rumor and story through the media.  There was finally hope this evening when it was announced that McCain's short list was all headed to Dayton, OH for the rally tomorrow that will unviel the ticket.  According to those reports, Governor Mike Huckabee was to be headed to Dayton with that group of people.  

That news came a few hours ago but the record has been set straight.  Governor Mike Huckabee had this to say on his blog just minutes ago:  

Dear HuckPAC family:


You guys have been incredible in your faithful support, prayers, and efforts throughout the campaign and beyond it. Janet and I feel like the most blessed people on earth to have been able to be part of the growing community of people across America who believe in vertical politics. I know that many of you have hoped and prayed that I would be selected as John McCain’s running mate. I am certainly moved by your support and confidence, but instead of you hearing a bunch of total nonsense from the media, I want to share exclusively with you what is up.

There are reports that I’m on my way to Dayton tonight. Not true. Wasn’t invited to be there and any reports that I’m going to be there are a big surprise to me. I have never been contacted by the McCain campaign at any point about the VP slot. I have never been asked for any information, background, etc., so as I have said repeatedly in interviews, I didn’t consider myself to be under any consideration. I think people thought I was being coy and just not talking, but I have built my political life on trying to shoot straight and tell it as it is and as I see it. I have been honest in telling you that I had no reason to believe I was ever seriously considered or “vetted” for the ticket. That’s why I have continued with HuckPAC because I have felt that we (me and you) shouldn’t give up, but rather gear up and help good pro-life, conservative people to office across the notion

Our efforts are just getting started. Like you, I will await news of who Senator McCain selects. I hope it will be a person with a solid record and solid convictions on the foundation issues that bring many of us to the process. I’m taking this unusual step to communicate so it will come from me and not from some of the ridiculous things being said on TV and websites tonight.



With deep appreciation,

Mike Huckabee  

It is very dissapointing and distressing to read that but I'd rather hear the bad news given by the man himself instead of waiting with unrealistic hopes to be dashed tomorrow morning.  I am very disgusted and angered by the fact that Mike was never vetted, called, or considered.  However I will leave those thoughts for another time. 

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online