Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bob Barr Blows It (At Least For My Vote)!

For those of you who are out of the loop last Sunday the Libertarian Party Convention was held. It took a surprising six ballots but Bob Barr was finally nominated for President by the Libertarians. For a short time I have considered Bob Barr as a possibility as far as who I will support and vote for this November. However I have decided against it.

Social issues are not important to me. They are largely divisive and blind us to the real problems we face in our Nation. However in seeking out candidates I do take a close look at your stance on those issues and whether they have shifted or changed. If they have that gives me doubt on whether I can trust you on issues that are important to me. Bob Barr has blown it in this regard.

In 1996, Bob Barr, as a Republican Congressman, introduced the Defense in Marriage Act (or DOMA). Suddenly 12 years later as the Libertarian candidate for President he promises to repeal the law if elected President. There is another issue I have with Bob Barr as it pertains to the FairTax but I need to be able to prove it before I will discuss it. The last thing I want to do is treat him unfairly and I'd be doing that by making claims that are unsound and not true.

My interest in Bob Barr was tepid at best and comes from a certain distaste for John McCain. This has not shifted towards McCain for the time being but a shift away from Bob Barr. I still haven't made up my mind on supporting and voting for John McCain at this moment. I'm waiting on his VP Choice. As of today I will be voting for McCain or using the write-in.

1 comment:

admin said...

Is it true Bob Barr use to work for the CIA?? I seen a video that said he did. It also said he voted for the patriot act? Heres the link. Does any one know if this is true? www.BarrRoot08.com

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online